Friday, January 12, 2007

Be a Rebelutionary

www.therebelution.com

This is the blog by Alex and Brett Harris, Joshua Harris's younger twin brothers. Its an awesome blog, complete with forum and many great links. I HIGHLY encourage you to check it out.

I've been feeling very convicted today about time. More like, wasting time. And multitasking. God doesn't call us as Christians to a life of slowly accomplishing our mediocre tasks. He calls us to make the most of every opportunity. How will we have an opportunity to do anything unordinary if we have a huge to-do list in our hands?

Practically, I know what this should look like for me. I should arise at 5:45 and go straight to devotions. By 7:30 I should head down stairs, dressed with my room clean. My school work cna and should be done by 1:30. Then I would have a half hour to blog, read my forums, and check my e-mails. At 2:00 I would spend an hour reading. By 3:00 I could help my mom around the house. After that I could read, write, clean, or learn a new discipline. (Knitting, sewing, singing, guitar, photography) After dinner would be spent with my family, and then a period of reading before bed.

(Wow, I just made myself a great new schedule, lol.)

But seriously, think of how much we could learn and do if we would do one thing at a time- read w/out having a computer in front of us, cleaning our room w/out talking on the phone (ouch, that'll be a hard one for me!) and other small things like that.

In all we do let it be our aim to glorify our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Blessings,
NV

No comments: