Friday, May 25, 2007

A Cloud of Witnesses

This week, I've been having major troubles with doing devotions. I truly desire to be in the Word! I love my morning time with the Lord. It just seems that every morning- I fall back to sleep.

So, today I decided that I needed some inspiration. I slept until 7 today, though my alarm goes off at 5:30. Today I turned my light on, sat on the floor, and still managed to fall back to sleep!

To inspire myself, I read through several different "threads" on the Rebelution forum. I also thought about my dad- how he's probably read through the Bible at least 100 times. I thought of my Grandma- how every afternoon she prays for our whole family, and our friends, and her friends, and spends time reading her "Seniors Devotional Bible." I thought about how I love reading through the Bible- currently I'm in Joshua and Ephesians (my sidebar needs to be updated.) I thought about how much I love my pink pen- as I read I mark passages on being a godly women.

And now, I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning. Though its a Saturday, there will be no sleeping in for Tashi. At 6:00 AM, I want to be up and in my favorite place- on my knees with the Lord.

So, if you need encouragment, look at your cloud of witnesses. Who inspires you in reading the Word, and persisting even when its tough?

No comments: